Things to Do On & Around Main Street
Yadkinville is a quintessential small town, populated with friendly residents, small businesses in historic buildings and a laid-back atmosphere. Do stay awhile, visit our shops, grab a bite to eat, or spend the night.
- The Third Branch Cafe - inside the Cultural Arts Center.Serving breakfast, lunch and also dinners on Friday evenings. branchrestaurantsgroup.com
- YARD Gifts - Shop in our backYARD! Located in artist studio F at the YARD, the Gift Shop offers arts council members' art and crafts for sale at reasonable prices. Open Tuesday thru Saturday.
- Allison Oaks Winery- a wine tasting room directly across the street from the Center. Vinifera wines and unique blends; art shows and events year-round. allisonoaksvineyards.com
- Miss Emily's Antiques - Next door to Allison Oaks. Collectibles, rusted tin garden sculptures, ironwork, old furniture, quilts and much more.
- Yadkin County Public Library - Full service public library with excellent collection of Yadkin County history books and historic registers. nwrl.org
- Branch Bakery - Homemade cakes, pies, pastries. Special orders welcome. E. Main Street.
- The Vintage Inn B&B - Grand and gracious old home, circa 1935, fully restored and updated. Perfect for a cozy get-away. Four bedrooms and private baths. vintageinnbedandbreakfast.com
- Nates's Place - Casual. Open for breakfast and lunch Monday thru Friday. E. Elm Street.
- El Serape Restaurant - Traditional Mexican food. Open for lunch and dinner. Jackson Street.
- Yadkinville Chamber of Commerce - Stop in to pick up maps/find out what is happening in the area. Comprehensive website. yadkinchamber.org
- Allie J's Day Spa - Hair, nails, massage, spa services. Jackson Street.
Gateway to the Wine Country
The town of Yadkinville sits in the palm of the Yadkin Valley wine country. The roads leading out of town point their fingers at 10 wineries, only 5 - 15 minutes from downtown.
Wineries and Wine Trails in or near Yadkinville
- Shallowford Wine Trail -shallowfordwinetrail.com
- Brandon Hills Vineyard - brandonhillsvineyard.com
- Hanover Park Vineyard - 1927 Courtney Huntsville Road, Yadkinville hanoverparkwines.com
- Rag Apple Lassie Vineyards - 3724 Rockford Road, Boonville ragapplelassie.com
- Sanders Ridge - 3200 Sanders Ridge Lane, Boonville sandersridge.com
- Flint Hill Vineyards - 2133 Flint Hill Road, East Bend flinthillvineyards.com
- Vineyards of Swan Creek ~Travel north on Hwy 421 for 12 minutes; exit Windsor Road in Hamptonville and follow the signs to Laurel Gray Vineyards, Shadow Springs, Raffaldini,and Dobbins Creek Vineyards. swancreekvineyards.com
Wineries within 1/2 hour drive from Yadkinville
- Westbend Vineyards- Lewisville westbendvineyards.com
- Misty Creek Farm & Vineyards - 710 Wyo Road, Mocksville mistycreekwines.com
- Raylen Vineyards - Mocksville raylenvineyards.com
- Stony Knoll Vineyards - Dobson stonyknollvineyards.com
- Hutton Vineyards -Dobson huttonwinery.com
- Brushy Mountain Winery - Downtown Elkin brushymountainwine.com
- Elkin Creek Vineyard - Elkin elkincreekvineyard.com
- Grassy Creek Vineyards - Elkin grassycreekvineyard.com
- McRitchie Vineyards - Elkin mcritchiewine.com (about 40 minutes.)
Farmers Markets and Organic Growers
- Shore Farms Organics, 6213 Highway 601, Yadkinville 336.413.9229 shorefarmsorganics.com
- Yadkin Farmers Market - Saturday 8 am to noon - 402 North State Street, Yadkinville and Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00 to 6:30 pm - 1141 Tennessee Road, Yadkinville. The market shelter is just beyond the Yadkinville Community Park.
- Styers Mill Nature Park. Beautiful dense hardwood forest. Site runs alongside a large waterfall. Located 4 miles east of Yadkinville. shacktownnc.com/ShoreStyersMillPark.php
- Yadkin City Park. Outdoor pool, amphitheater, walking and biking trails, athletic fields. Located off the service road alongside the Yadkin Family YMCA. Take the Unifi exit off Hwy 421. yadkincountync.gov/content/view/18/326/
More Good Food
- Taste of Italy: Lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Located in Lowe's Square shopping center at Hwy 421 exit, Yadkinville.
- Shiloh Country Store off Windsor Rd, Hamptonville. Home-cooked Amish food, deli, country store sundries. Great front porch!
- Roselli's Restaurant, East Bend. Charming restaurant in historic hardware store. Great Italian food. Another great porch!
Arts Organizations and Event Websites
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth Arts Council intothearts.org
- Foothills Arts Council foothillsartscouncil.org (Elkin)
- Davie Arts Council daviearts.org
- Iredell Arts Council email@example.com
- Surry Arts Council surryarts.org
- Yadkin Valley Craft Guild yadkinvalleycraftguild.org (Elkin)
- The Ever Wonder Network exploreyadkin.com
Art Centers in Western NC
- Cullowee Mountain ARTS http://www.cullowheemountainarts.org/
- Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center http://www.stecoahvalleycenter.com/index.html