Here is an in depth description of our many benefits. You will find a membership application at the bottom of the page.
1. Artisan Directory – the Artisan Directory is a powerful tool for several reasons. It shows people looking at our website the power and variety of our membership. If you do not have a website presence it is a great place to refer people to that want to see examples of your work online. It’s a great way for potential customers to get a feel for you as an artist. Check out the Artisan Directory.
2. Red Wall Gallery exhibit opportunities – the Red Wall Gallery was created for our member artists. These exhibits change monthly. Four times a year it is exhibit space for our YARD (Yadkin Artists Residency Development) group. These are our artists in residence – they have permanent studios on the Plaza. The rest of the year is reserved for solo artist member exhibits and group artist member exhibits. For information on how to participate in these exhibits click here.
3. Teaching Opportunity – for those of you that do not have studio space large enough for teaching purposes, you may use our new visual arts classroom – The Art Place. This is located in Studio E on the Plaza. We will promote your class/workshop on our calendar which is powered by Everwondr and reaches thousands.
4. ArtMe Newsletter – when you become a member you become an ArtMe (short for Artist Member). We put out a monthly newsletter for our artists members that is filled with news and opportunities.
5. Seminars and road trips – We schedule something almost every month that is geared toward either helping you grow your art or grow your business. We do this through seminars, workshops, road trips and more. Our newest endeavor is our monthly ArtMe Potluck Dinner which includes the new YACkity YACk Please Talk Back session. Make sure you check out the What’s Happening page to keep up with the current schedule.
6. First opportunity to participate in Yadkin Arts Council visual arts events (Third Fridays, Harvest Festival, Christmas Around the Plaza, exhibits, etc.).
7. Early email notifications about artist opportunities, grants, exhibitions, “Calls for artists,” juried shows,(including YAC’s annual juried show)
- Student Membership $15.00
- Individual Membership $40.00
- Family Membership $60.00