Colors and shapes have always intrigued me. As long as I can remember I have loved the feel of a pencil, crayon, or brush in my hand. My passion for art comes from my heart and soul. I awake each morning with visions of new art I want to create. Through the years I have experimented with many mediums. Recently I found a new technique which is an ancient art form. Encaustic Wax Painting. this technique was notably used in the Fayum mummy portraits from Egypt around 100-300 AD. I am devoting my time to learning all I can about this art form.
I am a native of North Carolina, born in High Point, NC. I chose Nursing as a Career after a near death experience at the age of 17. My first choice was a career in fashion design, but I was led down a different path. After 34 years in nursing I decided it was time to move on to another challenge. My husband and I bought a house in Yadkinville, NC in 2005. We renovated and turned it into a Bed and Breakfast. As you can see I am not afraid of a challenge and I like change. Now it is time to devote my time to my art.
I never had the time to devote to taking classes in art while I was nursing, therefore a lot of my art experience has been self taught experimentation, classes and workshops.
Current Artistic Achievements:
- Displaying my art on the Red Wall Gallery at the Cultural Arts Center.
- Selling my first piece of art which was a white on white mixed media piece called “Lost in Winter”.
- Displayed a piece of my Alcohol Ink work in a show at Wilkes Art Galley in April of 2015.
- Teaching classes for Cafe A La Carte in the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center.
- Community program for Yadkin County, Senior Art at three Senior Centers every other month. They get to complete an art or craft and take it home with them.
I offer classes in Alcohol Ink, Watercolor, and Mixed Media.