Douglass / Dunbar 2/15/21 thru 3/15/21 – Virtual Ticket – ***THIS IS AN ONLINE SCREENING*** **A Link to View the Performance will be accessible in the download “Tickets” section on your receipt.***
The Yadkin Arts Council Brings the historical musical by Ron Stacker Thompson, “Douglass / Dunbar” back to the Willingham Theater Virtually this February/March
**A Link to View the Performance will be accessible in the download “Tickets” section on your receipt. Please email email@example.com with any questions**
The Yadkin Arts Council Brings the historical musical by Ron Stacker Thompson, “Douglass/Dunbar” back to the Willingham Theater Stage Virtually this February
This production will be presented virtually and will be available for streaming February 15 thru March 15, 2021
The Willingham Theater is thrilled to bring back Ron Stacker Thompson’s production of DOUGLASS/DUNBAR in observance of Black History month. This musical play, starring renowned baritone/bass Jason McKinney, honors two of the literary and historical giants of the 19th century. The show will tell the stories of Fredrick Douglass, statesman and politician, and Paul Laurence Dunbar, poet and icon of the black community. Filled with music ranging from blues & classical to spiritual, DOUGLASS/DUNBAR will be funny in places, moving in others, and always striking and informative.
Due to the current state of the pandemic and in keeping the safety of the actors, patrons, and staff in mind, this show will be filmed on stage without an audience and then will be made available for streaming online February 15 thru March 15, 2021. Tickets are available at www.yadkinarts.org at $15 each. A link to view the performance will be emailed to ticket holders by 5pm on February 15. All tickets purchased after the premiere date will include a link automatically.
Douglass/Dunbar is presented in conjunction with the Yadkin Arts Council’s Arts in Education Theatre/Page to Stage Programming, and was funded through grants from the Clemmons Community Foundation (Wayne A. Shore Endowment Fund), the Yadkin County School System, Duke Energy Carolinas, Sheetz, and the NC Arts Council (a division of the Department of Natural & Cultural Resources. www.NCArts.org).
– Directed and written by Ron Stacker Thompson –
– Starring Jason McKinney, Diana Tuffin, Karon Click, Micheal Clements, Brandon Lloyd Hicks, Kenny Barber, Jasmine Hurt, and Nic Brown –
– Featuring Chris Bagley on the piano–
Additional Ticket Info.
- All ticket prices include fees + tax
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets will be emailed after purchase – it is not a requirement to print them (your name will be on a will call list at the door)
- Doors open 1/2 hour before performance.
- Seating is general admission, but season pass ticket holders and handicap patrons receive priority seating.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible.
- Listening assisted devices are available.
- Discounted ticket pricing available for groups of 20 or more on select shows – please call for reservations
- Groups will have a section of seats reserved for them under their group name.
SEASON / FLEX TICKETS
- Pick 10 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 10 or more of our 18 season shows to receive 15% OFF.****Pick 10 Flex Pass Holders will be given preferred seating and a FREE ticket to Douglass/Dunbar****
- Pick 5 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 5 or more of our season shows to receive 10% OFF.
THE CENTER BISTRO
- Enjoy dinner inside the center.
- Reservations recommended. Call 336-677-6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Willingham Theater
The Yadkin Cultural Arts Center is the home for our Yadkin Arts Council, and also features the 193-seat Willingham Theater, resident artist studios, the Yadkin Valley Fiber Room (a learning resource), The Center Bistro, Welborn Gallery, meeting space and classrooms, and the versatile Front Yard space.
The mission of the Yadkin Arts Council is to enrich the lives of every citizen of Yadkin County and beyond by providing opportunities for artists, no matter what their specific creative outlet is, even if it’s just consuming art!
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
– AND –
One Hour before show time
Address: 226 E. Main Street Yadkinville, NC