Scythian – November 13, 2021 @ 7:30pm (Saturday evening show)
Scythian (sith-ee-yin) plays roots music from Celtic, Eastern European and Appalachian traditions with thunderous energy, technical prowess, and storytelling songwriting, beckoning crowds into a barn-dance, rock concert experience. Founded by brothers Alexander and Danylo Fedoryka, who are first-generation sons of Ukrainian immigrants, Scythian from the start has been a search and love for the “old time, good time music” of many cultures. Nashville’s Music City Roots says Scythian is “what happens when rock star charisma meets Celtic dervish fiddling”, and the Washington Post says “Scythian’s enthusiasm is contagious, and shows seem to end with everyone dancing, jumping around or hoisting glasses.”
Scythian (pronounced sith-ee-yin) has grown to be a headliner on the Celtic and bluegrass/Americana festival circuits. The Washington Post wrote that “Scythian’s enthusiasm is contagious, and shows seem to end with everyone dancing, jumping around or hoisting glasses.” For more than 12 years they have toured across the United States, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
From its start, Scythian has been a search and love for the “old time, good time music” of many cultures. The group was founded by brothers Alexander and Danylo Fedoryka, who are first-generation sons of Ukrainian immigrants. They were inspired by a tale told by their 92-year-old grandmother of a roving fiddler who visited her farming village every year. When he arrived, everyone gathered in the barn to dance their cares away all night. Their success is due largely to finding a resonance of soul amongst kindred spirits that span all ages and races.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST
Additional Ticket Info.
- All ticket prices include fees + tax
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets will be emailed after purchase – it is not a requirement to print them (your name will be on a will call list at the door)
- Doors open 1/2 hour before performance.
- Seating is general admission, but season pass ticket holders and handicap patrons receive priority seating.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible.
- Listening assisted devices are available.
- Discounted ticket pricing available for groups of 20 or more on select shows – please call for reservations
- Groups will have a section of seats reserved for them under their group name.
SEASON / FLEX TICKETS
- Pick 10 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 10 or more of our 18 season shows to receive 15% OFF.****Pick 10 Flex Pass Holders will be given preferred seating and a FREE ticket to Douglass/Dunbar****
- Pick 5 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 5 or more of our season shows to receive 10% OFF.
THE CENTER BISTRO
- Enjoy dinner inside the center.
- Reservations recommended. Call 336-677-6006 or email email@example.com.
About the Willingham Theater
The Yadkin Cultural Arts Center is the home for our Yadkin Arts Council, and also features the 193-seat Willingham Theater, resident artist studios, the Yadkin Valley Fiber Room (a learning resource), The Center Bistro, Welborn Gallery, meeting space and classrooms, and the versatile Front Yard space.
The mission of the Yadkin Arts Council is to enrich the lives of every citizen of Yadkin County and beyond by providing opportunities for artists, no matter what their specific creative outlet is, even if it’s just consuming art!
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
– AND –
One Hour before show time
Address: 226 E. Main Street Yadkinville, NC