The Willingham Story Slam goes Virtual with MUSE WINSTON-SALEM (ONLINE EVENT) – 10/29/20 (7-9pm) FREE
The Willingham Story Slam @ MUSE Winston-Salem is BACK (virtually) – and FREE!
Thursday, October 29, 2020, from 7:00-9:00 pm
Group Name (optional)
Please enter your group name if you selected Group Ticket from the option above.
“The Willingham Story Slam @ MUSE Winston-Salem,” a local storytelling community, will host a
virtual story slam on Thursday, October 29 th , 2020, from 7:00-9:00 pm. Guests are invited to share their own stories of worst fears, quirky phobias, looming threats, dark prospects, spooky hauntings, or funny feelings. This initiative is an ongoing partnership between MUSE Winston-Salem and The Willingham Theater in Yadkin County.
This will be the second month in a row that we’re holding a totally virtual story slam on the Zoom
platform. Last month’s slam featured seven great stories—each one different than the next. Despite the remote format, audience and storytellers created a spirited and supportive evening of fun. We are excited to continue in this format until we can safely gather again.
“Scary Times!” will feature special guest storyteller Joe Mills, who offers this teaser: “I’m going to tell a story about a scary walk in the woods with my brother.” Mills is a faculty member at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, and has published six collections of poetry with Press 53. His book This Miraculous Turning was awarded the North Carolina Roanoke-Chowan Award for Poetry for its exploration of race and family. In 2019, he published his debut collection of fiction, Bleachers, which consists of fifty-four linked pieces that take place during a youth soccer game. Information about his work is available at www.josephrobertmills.com .
Returning as emcee will be Larry Barron, aka LB the Poet, award-wining poet, host, and author. We welcome local storytellers to join the Story Slam and interpret the prompt “Scary Times!” We will choose a total of eight to ten individuals who will have no more than five-minutes to share their true, and possibly suspenseful, spooky, or silly stories with our audience who will be routing
for each storyteller.
Advanced registration for this free community event will be required for storytellers and observers. Donations are welcome.
Further information and details are available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-willingham-story-slam-muse-winston-salem-scary-things-tickets-122500581537 .
MORE ABOUT THE WILLINGHAM STORY SLAM: https://www.yadkinarts.org/willingham-story-slam/
Additional Ticket Info.
- All ticket prices include fees + tax
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets will be emailed after purchase – it is not a requirement to print them (your name will be on a will call list at the door)
- Doors open 1/2 hour before performance.
- Seating is general admission, but season pass ticket holders and handicap patrons receive priority seating.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible.
- Listening assisted devices are available.
- Discounted ticket pricing available for groups of 20 or more on select shows – please call for reservations
- Groups will have a section of seats reserved for them under their group name.
SEASON / FLEX TICKETS
- Pick 10 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 10 or more of our 18 season shows to receive 15% OFF.****Pick 10 Flex Pass Holders will be given preferred seating and a FREE ticket to Douglass/Dunbar****
- Pick 5 FLEX PASS – Purchase tickets to 5 or more of our season shows to receive 10% OFF.
THE CENTER BISTRO
- Enjoy dinner inside the center.
- Reservations recommended. Call 336-677-6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Willingham Theater
The Yadkin Cultural Arts Center is the home for our Yadkin Arts Council, and also features the 193-seat Willingham Theater, resident artist studios, the Yadkin Valley Fiber Room (a learning resource), The Center Bistro, Welborn Gallery, meeting space and classrooms, and the versatile Front Yard space.
The mission of the Yadkin Arts Council is to enrich the lives of every citizen of Yadkin County and beyond by providing opportunities for artists, no matter what their specific creative outlet is, even if it’s just consuming art!
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
– AND –
One Hour before show time
Address: 226 E. Main Street Yadkinville, NC