Join a growing community with a small-town spirit
As a member artist of the Yadkin Arts Council, you will reap the rewards of membership throughout the year, from exclusive sneak peeks of upcoming events and classes to our potluck meeting series and ongoing Artist Membership newsletters. The Yadkin Arts Council welcomes all who share a love and passion for the arts to join and participate in our growing community, where art and creativity are accessible to all.
You can enjoy the charm and calmness of the small town of Yadkinville while networking with regional artists, attending exhibitions, showing your work, and partaking in the Art Council’s classes, productions, and events. *Yadkin Arts Council artist members do not need to be a resident of Yadkin County, all are welcome to join!
We offer a creative space, tools, opportunities to share your skills and your craft, as well as exposure to the citizens of Yadkin County and the visitors as well. You can learn more details about the benefits of our Artist Memberships below and you can find a membership application at the bottom of the page.
Yadkin Arts Council Artist Members can craft and promote their public image through the Council’s online Artisan Directory. The hundreds of monthly visitors to the site are able to access artists’ individual information, offering member-artists the opportunity to connect with the global arts community. >> Learn More
The Red Wall Gallery, located inside The Center Bistro, was created primarily for our YARD (Yadkin ARtists District) group who have permanent studios on the Plaza, as well as our member artists. For information on how to participate in these exhibits, click here.
For member-artists we offer the opportunity for broader community engagement, when it comes to creating and cultivating a vibrant teaching practice. The Council’s facility, the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center, offers an art classroom, The Art Place, as a rental spaces to house your next class or creative gathering. The Council’s existing courses are taught by member-artists, ranging from printmaking to mosaic pendants. Not only will you find numerous teaching opportunities, but the Yadkin Arts Council will also work to help promote your class to our robust social media and e-news followings.
The bi-monthly newsletter provides information on our member meetings and potluck dinner series; Welborn gallery art openings and Red Wall exhibits; upcoming arts and crafts classes, workshops, and other artist member events; notification of visual arts opportunities, such as call for artists, artist grants, exhibitions, and juried shows. By becoming a member, you will also receive the monthly Yadkin Arts Council newsletter. This comprehensive newsletter provides information on all the great events, performances and classes being offered at The Yadkin Cultural Arts Center.
The Yadkin Arts Council offers artist members a bi-monthly potluck and learning series. In addition, we encourage artist members to attend and network at our six Welborn Gallery Art openings.
The Yadkin Arts Council Artisan Directory is a platform for member artists to create and curate a professional image. With hundreds of visitors to our website each month, this unique benefit of council membership allows the broader arts community to access member-artists through their own words, images, and ideas. By crafting an artist’s statement, artists can share their practice and craft with visitors around the globe. >> Learn More
The Yadkin Arts Council provides regular opportunities to nourish, enrich, and explore the arts. If you share these passions, we invite you to join this unique and vibrant community to reap the rewards of membership.
Our memberships are offered in one-year terms.
– Artist Membership (January-December 2021) New Members $35
– Existing Members can renew for only $20 for 2021 (please call 336-679-2941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this offer)
Benefits of Membership
- Five 2020 Member Shows on Red Wall Gallery plus one show in the Welborn Gallery.
- Potluck and meeting for members (as government regulations allow).
- ArtMe information and Schedules on Member Pages of Yadkin Arts Council website (yadkinarts.org)
- Reduced class fees for members for attending most art/craft classes ($5.00 less generally).
- Gallery Sales Commission of only 25%
- Class Commission of only 20% per student
- Opportunity to teach workshops in our art classroom – The Art Place. Yadkin Arts Council will advertise your class via social media (Website, email newsletters, email blasts) as well as flyers in Welborn Gallery (as government regulations allow).
- Profile and art gallery in the Artisan Directory of yadkinarts.org
- Notification of visual arts opportunities – calls for artists, artist grants, exhibitions, juried shows, etc.